Carmel of Barcelona is one of the most beautiful spaces, from where to admire some of the best views of the city.
In addition to these spectacular views, on top of the Turó de la Rovira we find bunkers. These were built during the civil war, that sought to defend the city from air attacks by the national side and its allies. Once the war ended, the area was neglected and in disuse until it was recovered in the decade of the ’90s.
Since that date, the Turó de la Rovira viewpoint is part of the heritage of the city and one of the headquarters of the MUHBA – Museum of History of Barcelona -.
You can visit the Bunkers del Carmel free of charge. All you have to do is go to one of the six access gates located at the following points:
- Carrer de Marià Labèrnia.
- Carrer de Labèrnia, stairs to the officers’ residence.
- Ladera sur (Southern slope), access to the viewpoint.
- Ladera sur (Southern slope), access to the water reservoir.
- Path to the west, access towards the north slope.
- Ladera norte (Northern slope), access to the MUHBA information centre
The area is open, every day, at the following times:
- Summer schedule: from 9:00 to 19:30 hrs.
- Winter schedule: from 9:00 to 17:30 hrs.